Sweet potato fries are one of my favorite sides. However, once I tried Japanese sweet potatoes…it changed the game! This is a staple in my meal preps for a starchy veg and it’ll be your’s too. The spicy Japanese sweet potato fries are a must make.
Don’t get me wrong, I still love the classic sweet potato especially in smoothies like my Swamp Green smoothie. However, when meal prepping it is important to me to rotate my foods. This ensures you get a variety of micronutrients and also reduce the risk of developing food sensitivities.
The Japanese sweet potatoes are a bit sweeter in my opinion, but the spiciness from the cayenne helps to balance it out. This could easily be made in a dessert (stay tuned)!
I love to pair this recipe with some chicken thighs or honestly snack on them throughout the day. Sometimes I just can’t help myself!
Spicy Japanese Sweet Potato Fries
- 3-4 Large Japanese Sweet Potatoes (Washed and Pat Dry)
- 2 tbsp Avocado Oil
- 1 tsp Cayenne
- 1 tsp Paprika
- Salt n Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and spray a baking sheet with cooking spray (coconut oil spray is my fav)
- Chop your sweet potatoes into 1 inch slices and put into a large bowl.
- Add the avocado oil and spices on top and toss the potatoes until covered.
- Put on the baking sheet in a single layer and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- For optimal crispiness, flip half way through.
- Serve immediately or store in a glass container for 3-4 days.
I’d love it if you’d share this recipe with others who are sweet potato fry obsessed like us! Honestly, you can’t go wrong with sweet potato fries!