This is one of my favorite go-to meals during the week! Even with meal prepping, it is easy to get sick of having the same protein or vegetable. One type of protein that I don’t meal prep is any sort of fish. It doesn’t last as long as other proteins and also I am terrified of food poisoning. This leads me to create this paleo salmon gnocchi.
If you haven’t tried the cauliflower gnocchi from Trader Joe’s, you need to get on it! I took my love for this gnocchi and combined it with salmon for a quick meal. Frozen salmon takes under 15-minutes to thaw in warm water or have it thaw during the day!
As for the gnocchi, DO NOT make it as the directions say! I made that mistake and it is a soggy mess.
I got my method from Diane Sanfilippo and they’ll come out crispy every time. As for salmon, the quickest way to cook it as by broiling. It will depend on your portion size, but it can be cooked in under 10-minutes. Otherwise, cook it whatever way you like the best! Honestly, grilling it is the best, but it’s getting too cold here in Massachusetts.
This is a great recipe especially for those who are transitioning to paleo for the first time. Also, it is affordable. Trader Joe’s has the cheapest frozen selection as well as organic produce as well. As for salmon (or any fish), sustainably sourced fish doesn’t have to be purchased fresh all the time. I often get a filet if it is on sale, portion it out, and then freeze it or simply buy frozen fish. It is significantly cheaper!
Paleo Salmon Gnocchi
- 1/2 bag Trader Joe’s Cauliflower Gnocchi
- 1 Salmon Filet (About 4 oz)
- 1/4 cup Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 tbsp Red Onion
- 1 tbsp Garlic Olive Oil
- Salt + Pepper
- Have the oven preheating on “high broil” + line a baking sheet with tin foil.
- Season your salmon filet with whatever seasoning you like. I used salt + lemon pepper.
- On a plate, pour out the gnocchi and defrost in the microwave for 1.5-2-minutes.
- As that defrosts, place a skillet on the stove top + have it heat up at medium heat.
- Once the oven is ready, place the salmon in + bake for 7-minutes.
- As that cooks, place the gnocchi in the skillet + cook until golden brown.
- Once it is ready, place the veggies +seasonings in the skillet.
- After the salmon is done, chop it up into cubes + throw into the skillet.
- Add in the olive oil + stir until combined. Place onto a plate + dinner is done!
Notes: Double this recipe for for date night!
If you are on a protocol such as AIP or Low FODMAP, remove the onions and garlic. Depending on the protocol, add in your safe to eat spices to create your own meal! If you make this recipe, but sure to tag me on Instagram and I hope you enjoy!