I haven’t shared a energy bite in a hot minute! Before, I went on my elimination, I was eating them everyday…I’ve learned for me that that’s not the best idea, but once in a while it’s totally fine. However, I had to make my favorite dessert into something a bit healthier. If you love brownies, you’ll love these raw brownie bites for sure.
A lot of the smoothie spots around me, have some type of raw brownie. What I find is a lot of them use a f*ck ton of maple syrup or other sweetener or loads of seeds. For myself, I know I would feel awful after. I am sure it tastes delicious, but I wanted to create something that is easier on the gut.
What you’ll love about these raw brownie bites is that it contains no seeds nor any liquid sweeteners. The dates add all the sweetness you need! Plus, they are low glycemic and contain fiber to prevent blood sugar spikes and crashes. These raw brownie bites are perfect for a quick snack between classes or when you’re hiking this coming season!
Raw Brownie Bites
- 1/4 cup Almonds
- 1/4 cup Pecans
- 6 Medjool Dates
- 2 tbsp Cacao Powder
- 1/4 cup Almond Butter
- 2 tbsp Cacao Nibs
- Place the medjool dates into the food processor and blend until a crumbly mixture is made.
- Add in the almonds and pecans and blend until mixed into the dates.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and blend until a dough forms.
- Place the container into the fridge and chill for 10-minutes.
- Once chilled, take a tbsp measure and roll into balls.
- Store in the fridge in a glass mason jar
For long term storage, I highly recommend having them in the fridge (or freezer) so they don’t fall apart. Otherwise, if they are in your bag when going to class or hiking they’ll be good! I’d love it if you’d share this recipe with anyone looking for a good snack and tagging me in your creations!
Thank you loads for reading!