When I discovered the 21 Salute seasoning at Trader Joe’s it was a game changer. I’m talking putting it on everything because it is that good. The best tasting vegetable with this seasoning are roasted rainbow carrots.
When buying carrots I always aim for the rainbow ones. The more color you get in your diet the more nutrient you get. The colors are often orange (obviously), yellow, purple, cream, and red! Its a supa easy way to add more color to your plate.
I’m sure you grew up eating steam carrots. You understand the soft mush it turns into…Not into it. Roasting any and all vegetables in the way to go! What I’m not into is cleaning the sheet pan as the sugar glue to those pans.
To save you from scrubbing pans all morning, line the baking sheet with tin foil and then a layer of parchment paper. It is no hassle mess to clean! I recommend If You Care for unbleached parchment paper and recycled tin foil (always recycle your tin foil!).
The best way to enjoy these is to cook a ton of the roasted rainbow carrots and have them throughout the week. I love to just throw them into salad or eat as a quick snack (I’m a snacker). Some of my favorite recipes to make with the carrots are the best chicken thighs eva or rosemary balsamic pork loin!
Roasted Rainbow Carrots
With only 5-ingredients is a delicious side dish that’s Whole30 and Paleo compliant!
- 2 lbs Rainbow Carrots
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp 21 Salute Seasoning
- A Pinch Salt
- A Pinch Black Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with tin foil AND parchment paper.
- Wash, peel, and chop your carrots into little rounds.
- Place in a bowl and add the olive oil, 21 Salute seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Toss till fully coated and place on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-minutes and toss around and then bake for an additional 15-20 minutes.
- Let cool before storing or serve immediately!
Notes: You don’t have to use both tin foil and parchment, but I found using both makes it 10x easier to clean the pan!
I hope you enjoy the recipe. It’s a great meal prep option as well if you’re into that. Be sure to tag me on Instagram if you make this or any recipe from Sara’s Simple Eats! You’re the best and enjoy!