You hear everyone talking about how delicious sweet potato fries are, myself included! They crisp up better than regular fries and that little sweetness packs a punch. Is your mouth watering (cause mine is). However, I went to Whole Foods and that when I found the purple sweet potato. It is definitely a weird looking potato, but I had to try it.
Also, did I mention that purple is my favorite color? That probably played a factor. With these purple sweet potato fries, you can make these weekly and not have to worry about trans fats, high cholesterol, or other health risks. They are made baked in the oven and slathered with olive oil!
Most importantly, the purple sweet potato is a powerhouse! It is full of Vitamin A and C, Magnesium, regulates blood sugar, and possibly has some antibacterial effects. In this scenario, you can have your french fries and eat them too!
Roasted Purple Sweet Potato Fries
- 3 large purple sweet potatoes
- 1.5-2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit and put tin foil on a baking sheet (this is optional with the tin foil).
- Take your sweet potatoes, peel them and chop them into fry shapes.
- Place all sweet potatoes into a bowl a top with olive oil and the salt & pepper.
- Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes (stop halfway to flip the fries) than for 1-2 minutes cook on broil.
- Let cool on the pan before placing in the container.
Notes: Instead of meal prepping, let cool and serve immediately at a BBQ or as a fun dinner side!
These are a great meal prep side option! This is my go-to side when meal prepping (especially when burgers are on the menu). I highly recommend pairing with spicy ketchup or garlic aioli mayo! Also, if you make this recipe, but sure to tag me on Instagram!