Recently this year I have been on a pizza kick lately. I used to not be a huge pizza person. I was always the burgers and french fries kind of girl. This pesto pizza is restaurant level delicious and half the cost of one too! I mean how can you go wrong? The pesto pizza uses Caulipower’s plain gluten-free crust. Also, this post is not sponsored whatsoever!
Instead of using a tomato base, I wanted to add some more flavor to the pizza. The pesto on the pesto pizza is 100% dairy free and packed with benefits! Here are the reasons for you to get more basil in your diet:
- It is anti-inflammatory, which is great for those of you looking to reduce inflammation.
- It is a super antioxidant, which is important for fighting off free-radicals.
- Basil is a natural adaptogen, which helps our body manage stress.
You can more bang for your health with basil! Also, the pesto can be easily frozen for future us on another pizza! Next, to add some protein to the dish, the chicken was a no-brainer. There is just something about those two flavors that makes your mouth water. Another great option, instead of chicken, would be shrimp.
As you can tell I am obsessed with this pizza and hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
Chicken Pesto Pizza
- 1 cup Fresh Basil (Washed + Stems Removed)
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 2 tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- Salt + Pepper
- 1 Caulipower Pizza Crust
- 1/4 cup Cherry Tomatoes
- 1/2 cup Chicken
- Place all the ingredients besides the olive oil into a food processor.
- Blend until well combined + scrape the sides.
- Remove the cover to the spout of the processor + slowly add in your olive oil.
- Taste + more seasoning if needed. Store in a glass mason jar.
- Follow the instructions on the Caulipower pizza crust box.
- As the oven preheats, add 1/2 cup pesto for the base + then add the rest of the toppings.
- Bake for the recommended time + once removed from the oven top with Oregano and Hot Pepper Flakes!
Notes: The pesto will last in the fridge for about a week, but will last a couple months in the freezer!
To get even more vegetables in, pair it with a quick side salad of mixed greens and dressing of choice. My personal favorite is either dairy-free ranch or green goddess dressing. If you make this recipe be sure to tag me on Instagram and enjoy it on your next Italian night!