I have a special place in my heart for nut butters. Peanut butter has always been my ride or die nut butter. As a kid, I would eat it straight out of the jar as I made my PB&Js (I still eat spoonfuls…no shame). Which you can find peanutbutter features in other recipes like my peanutbutter cookies that you can find here. However, Nutella comes into the picture and it was a match made in heaven. Combining these two flavors lead to these peanutbutter Nutella energy balls!
This was combination was inspired by my significant other’s stepbrother. I am not kidding you he eats peanutbutter Nutella sandwich for every meal. If I see him in the kitchen, he is making a PB&N. What you’ll love about these energy bites is it won’t spike your blood sugar. Commercial nut butters are often full of preservatives and sugar.
Let’s be honest, the natural nut butter tastes 10x better.
As for Nutella, this is a whole other animal. When looking at the ingredients of Nutella it is legit all palm oil and sugar. Disappointing I know. Taking the simple hazelnut and mixing it with cacao gives you the same Nutella tastes. Most importantly, you get major antioxidants, fatty acids, and curbing that sugar craving. Pick these over a candy any day!
These bites are super simple to make, I mean you only need 6-ingredients, and you have a snack that’ll last all week!
Peanutbutter Nutella Energy Bites
Your two favorite nut butters brought together for an energy-packed ball!
- 1/2 cup Raw Hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup Peanutbutter (Natural)
- 6 Medjool Dates (Pits Removed)
- 2 tbsp Cacao Powder
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit + place hazelnuts on a sheet pan.
- Cook the hazelnuts for 10-12-minutes until the skin begins to crack.
- Let the hazelnuts cool enough for you to handle them + place in the center of a dish towel + rub off the skin (some stubborn bits are okay).
- Place the hazelnuts in the food processor + pulse until broken into small pieces.
- Add the rest of the ingredients + process until combined.
- Use a tbsp to measure out each energy ball.
- Store in the fridge in a glass container (I use mason jars).
Notes: If the dough is still crumbly, add in more peanutbutter or store in the fridge for it to firm up a bit!
I highly recommend crumbling them up and using it as a topping on yogurt or ice cream! If you enjoy these peanutbutter Nutella energy balls, you’ll also love the Almond Joy (find me here) and Cacao Pecans flavors (find me here). Also, store your energy bites in the fridge to ensure they keep their shape and last for weeks! Be sure to tag me on Instagram if you make these energy balls!