For a while, I was rotating through the same roasted vegetables for a solid month. It’s like you suddenly forget that there are other vegetables out there. Something that I have seen legit everywhere for both gut health and just paleo eaters is roasted fennel.
That hairy looking bulb at Whole Foods is so friggin good. Before I try any new vegetable or fruit I google what it taste like. When in reality is a waste of time because I haven’t met a vegetable I don’t like. However, for those of you hesitant to try new foods, this roasted fennel is a great baby step!
What I see a lot of people do is remove the fennel hair. DO NOT DO THIS AS IT IS THE BEST PART! Trust it doesn’t feel like you’re eating a hair ball. The roasted fennel hair adds a different texture and who doesn’t love a good crunch?
You can easily use this as a meal prep vegetable as it doesn’t get slimy or anything like that. I love pairing it with roasted purple sweet potato or make a stir fry with some rice and roasted chicken thighs!
Roasted Paleo Parm Fennel
- 2 Bulbs of Fennel
- 6 Tbsp Almond Meal
- 3 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- 2 Tsp Garlic and Herb Seasoning (I used Primal Palate)
- 1 Tbsp Olive or Avocado Oil
- A Pinch of Salt and Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 degree and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Clean and chop up the fennel (remember keep the hair!)
- In a small bowl, place the almond meal, nutritional yeast, and garlic and herb seasoning.
- Mix until combined and set aside as you rub down the fennel with oil.
- Sprinkle the mixture over the top of the fennel.
- Bake for 30-minutes until it has a golden crust.
- Serve immediately or store in glass containers!
I hope you love this recipes and I’d love it if you’d share this with your friends and family! Also, since I am such a foodie like you, tag me on Instagram to show me your creations. Thank you loads for reading!