I gotta say the crockpot is the holy grail for meal prepping. Even over the Summer I will throw some protein in overnight and boom I have meat for the rest of the week. The typical meal is pulled pork, but I wanted to do something a bit different.
Everyone loves taco Tuesday and it is perfect for the summer! Also, did you see that Siete now has hard shell tacos as well?! I am personally a fan of soft taco shells, but anyways this taco pulled pork is a must make. The pulled pork is loaded with flavor from the paprika and cumin.
However, I highly recommend you cook it low and slow. I have no patience whatsoever, but it is 100% worth it. The meat is super tender and all you need is two forks to shred it. Pair this with my grilled guacamole for a delicious topping!
The pulled pork is completely low fodmap and paleo. Trust me you won’t miss the onion and garlic. If you know me, I love garlic and I was happy with how the recipe came out!
Crockpot Taco Pulled Pork
Low FODMAP and Paleo Taco Pulled Pork perfect for Taco Tuesday
- 1.5 lbs Pork Loin
- 1 tbsp Kosher Salt
- 1 tbsp Coconut Sugar
- 2 tsp Powdered Mustard
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tbsp Paprika
- 1.5 tbsp Smoked Paprika
- 1.5 tsp Cumin
- 2 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Avocado Oil
- 1 cup Filtered Water
- Remove the pork loin from it’s packaging and pat dry.
- Mix all of the dry ingredient together and lather it all over the pork loin.
- Once completely covered add the pork loin to the crockpot.
- Pour the wet ingredient over and around the pork loin.
- Set the crockpot on low for 8-hours.
- Once fully cooked, shred with two forks and serve immediately or store in glass containers.
The taco pulled pork can last 5-6 days in the fridge or stored in the freezer for a month. Taco Tuesday doesn’t only have to be on Tuesday with this recipe!
Be sure to share this recipe with friends and family and I’d love it if you’d tag me on Instagram to see your Mexican styled dishes! Thank you a bunch for reading!