Coconut butter has been one of my favorite nut butter spreads lately! My favorite way to have it is either on ice cream or on my yogurt as you get little-frozen chunks of coconut butter. However, some places charge an arm and a leg for coconut butter. Like I am talking $10 for a jar…
For this recipe, all you need is 1). Shredded Coconut, 2). A Food Processor, and 3). 15-20 minutes! And you have yourself a mason jar of coconut butter!
Don’t worry about the oil separation as that is 100% normal. Similarly to any nut butter, it will separate. Just simply stir till you have a smooth consistency. I highly recommend topping your smoothie with it (it’s delicious on my swamp smoothie bowl)
This is a great base recipe as you can do whatever you like with it. You can add flavorings (do this at the end), making it into a glaze, make your own ice cream shell or simply take a spoonful and eat it!
Simple Coconut Butter
- 8 oz organic shredded coconut (unsweetened)
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil (optional)
- Place all of the shredded coconut into the food processor + ensure it is evenly distributed.
- Turn the food processor on low + scrape every 5 to 10-minutes. This is when you can gradually add in more coconut oil to ensure its processing smoothly.
- Continue this process until you have smooth texture this can be up to 20+ minutes depending on your food processor.
- Transfer the butter to a glass jar for future uses!
Note: The coconut butter will separate a bit, which is normal. Simply stir until smooth
One last thing is having patience with your coconut. It sounds funny, but I removed mine too soon and it was grainy (no bueno)! Trust me, it will be worth the wait! Be sure to tag me on Instagram if you make it!