When it comes to breakfast, my go-to for something sweet is always pancakes. As a kid, my dad would make the box pancake mix with a bunch of chocolate chips. There were so good but weren’t always worth the stomach ache… These paleo pancakes are based on my breakfasts with my dad for a bit of a Fall spin.
With Fall coming next week (it came so fast), cinnamon is the spice I always think of. Cinnamon makes you think of pumpkin pie, apple crisp, and my favorite apple cider doughnuts! Similar to my cashew cinnamon cups I wanted to capture that rich taste in pancakes!
The pancakes do take a little bit longer to cook and making them smaller makes them 10x easier to flip! Are you ready to get out your skillet and start cookin’?
Cinnamon Cashew Butter Pancakes
- 1/4 cup Coconut Flour
- 1 tbsp Tapioca Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/2 + 1/8 cup Almond Milk
- 2 tbsp Cashew Butter
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Have a griddle heating up to a medium-low temperature and grease with your choice of oil (i.e. ghee or coconut oil spray).
- In a small bowl, mix all of your dry ingredients till combined.
- In a larger bowl, whisk all of your wet ingredients till combined.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet and whisk till combined.
- Use a large spoon to make slightly bigger than silver dollar size pancakes.
- Let cook for 2-4-minutes on one side and flip and cook for an additional 2-3-minutes.
- Place on a cooling rack and either wrap + store in the freezer or serve immediately.
Notes: When cooking the pancakes make sure to watch them as they won’t bubble up like regular pancakes!
I do hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do! I topped mine with almond butter and some leftover fresh strawberries. To really amp up the Fall flavor is to top with apple or pumpkin butter. My mouth is watering at the thought of those kinds of butter! Tag me on Instagram if you make the recipe (you should really make the recipe)!