If you’re anything like me, nut butters and chocolate are your rid or die sweet treat. As a kid, I would get peanut butter cups and eat too many…However, even though I enjoy a more nutrient dense lifestyle doesn’t mean I’ve got to give up sweets. This is why I created these delicious cashew cups.
For everyone, I believe we shouldn’t limit ourselves to what we can and cannot eat. Technically, we can eat ANYTHING our hearts desires. It is a matter of finding your version of balance as my definition will be different than yours.
This recipe is a play on my favorite candy! The good ole Reese’s PB cups. What you’ll enjoy is a creamy cinnamon cashew center that is sweetened with only a tsp of maple syrup for the whole batch! You’ll also get antioxidants from the dark chocolate shells! You get a delicious treat and nutrients all in one!
Cinnamon Cashew Butter Cups
- 1 cup Dark Chocolate (Enjoy Life or Equal Exchange)
- 1 tsp Coconut Oil
- 2.5 tbsp Cashew Butter
- 1 tsp Maple Syrup
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Coconut Flour
- In a small bowl, melt the chocolate by using 20-second intervals in the microwave.
- Once, melted place a layer (about 1/2 tsp) on the bottom of mini muffin tins + place in freezer for 10-minutes.
- While that freezes, place cashew butter in a bowl and heat up for 20-seconds.
- Once stir-able, add in the rest of the ingredients until a dough forms.
- Take mini muffin tin out of the freezer and scoop out 1/2 tsp of cashew butter dough and roll into balls. Press gently to get a bit of cashew in each bite!
- Use the rest of the chocolate to cover the cups + place in freezer till harden.
- Remove from tins and put in a glass door to store in fridge or freezer.
Notes: You can grease the tin with a bit of coconut oil to ensure it pops out easily.
This is a great option for a Halloween treat or when you’re simply craving a chocolate candy! I hope you enjoy these as much as I do! And if you make these be sure to tag me on Instagram!