These cookies are my all time favorite cookie. As a kid, this was a Christmas cookie my grandma always made. And I was always the one who ate them all. When I went gluten-free I had to find a way to re-create these cookies.
Since Valentine’s day is two days away, it was perfect timing to share this recipe. It is supa easy to make and you most likely already have the ingredients! Honestly, I recommend making a batch for yourself because we all need to treat ourselves now and then.
What I love about these chocolate drop cookies is they’re fudgy in the center. With paleo baking, cookies don’t spread out like normal cookies. Which I’m not about as those are the best type of cookies. If you prefer a crisper cookie, press the cookies down to flatten them out!
The best way to eat these cookies (in my humble opinion) is taking two cookies, spreading peanutbutter on one, and making a cookie sandwich. It is crack! If you aren’t a cookie person, I highly recommend you check these thicc coconut flour brownies that you can find here!
Paleo Chocolate Drop Cookies
These double chocolate cookies are full of dark chocolate and super fudgy.
- 1 cup Almond Flour
- 1/2 cup Cacao Powder
- 1/4 cup Vanilla Ghee
- 1/2 cup Coconut Sugar
- 1/4 cup Cashew Butter
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line your baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In the mixture, add the ghee, cashew butter, and coconut sugar and mix until combined.
- Add in the egg and mix until combined.
- In a small bowl, add in the almond flour, powder, cinnamon, and baking soda and mix until combined.
- Slowly add in the dry ingredients in the mixture and mix until a dough forms.
- Fold in the dark chocolate chips and use a cookie scoop and place on the baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes and transfer to a cooling rack.
- Store the cookies in the fridge or freezer.
Note: I love spreading peanut butter between two cookies to make a sandwich!
Store these cookies in the freezer and they’ll taste 10x better once they’re cold! I truly love these cookies and I hope you love the adaptation of my grandma’s recipe. If you love the recipe share it with your family, friends, pets, or anyone who loves sweets!
Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram with your cookie creations! I love to see what you’re cookin/bakin up!