I remember when I was in high school, you could not pay me to eat chicken thighs. I was terrified of the fat and honestly that is was gross. Flash forward to today and you will find me day dreaming about them!
What you will love about this recipe is how juicy and crispy the chicken is. I kept the seasoning simple as I didn’t want to take away from the natural chicken flavor. The best part is the rendered fat. If you don’t render the fat on your meat you’re doing it wrong!
This is not a sponsored post by any means, but what truly gives the chicken it’s crispy texture is extra virgin avocado oil. I would always use olive oil, but decided to change it up and see what happens. It was the best decision I have ever made.
If you are unsure of what the different between regular and extra virgin avocado oil is, you aren’t alone. It turns out extra virgin is cold pressed avocados (or olives for olive oil), where as regular can be a blend of oils. Be careful with the oils you buy as some brands cut their oils significant.
You can’t go wrong with these chicken thighs especially for a meal prep idea! Instead of serving them immediately, I let them cool completely then store in glass containers. Then I create meals with the chicken as I need them!
The Best Chicken Thighs You’ll Ever Have
- 1-2 lbs Chicken Thighs (Boneless and Skinless)
- 2 tbsp Avocado Oil
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Salt
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with tin foil.
- Take the chicken out to the packages and brush down both sides with avocado oil.
- Season both sides liberally and this is the time to add other seasonings such as garlic.
- Bake in the oven for 30-minutes, flip, and bake for another 30-minutes.
- Let the chicken cool for 5-minutes and either serve immediately or store in the fridge.
A great pairing with the chicken are my purple sweet potato fries, which can be found here. If you do make this recipe (which isn’t optional) be sure to tag me on Instagram! I love to see how you change up the recipe and make it your own!