Honestly when I first tried this recipe out, I thought it would be a disaster. Every time I think it is going to be a disaster it ends up being delicious. There is just something better about having a cashew cookie dough bars than just a regular cookie.
I have a major sweet tooth and I was craving a rich cookie minus all the added sugar. In high school, I used to make Tollhouse chocolate chip cookies for sporting events. Those cookies had over 2 cups of sugar like what?! I used to take two of those cookies and smoother peanut butter in between to make a sandwich!
My goal with this recipe was to create a decadent bar that is completely gluten-free! With these bars, I didn’t want them to be loaded with sugar. You’ll find 1/3 cup sugar that is low glycemic plus loads of cashew butter for healthy fats. Cashew butter is the new peanut butter! It’s so good!
Cashew Cookie Dough Bars
These cookie dough blondies is a must make dessert that is completely paleo friendly.
- 1/4 cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 cup Cashew Butter
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/3 cup Coconut Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Egg
- 1 Dark Chocolate Bar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and grease an 8×8 baking dish.
- In a large bowl, mix together the yogurt, cashew butter, vanilla extract, and the egg together.
- Add in the coconut sugar and baking soda and mix until well combined.
- Lastly, add in the dark chocolate and mix until incorporated.
- Pour into the baking dish and add more chocolate to the top before placing in the oven for 15-20-minutes.
- Let the blondies cool for 10-minutes and cut into 16 squares.
- Store in the fridge or freezer!
My favorite way to have these bars is in the freezer. It just makes it taste so much better plus more nut butter wouldn’t hurt! Some other great recipes to store in the freezer is thicc coconut flour brownies or rich peanutbutter cookies!
I hope you enjoy the recipe and be sure to share it with others who would love it too! You can tag me on Instagram to see your creations!