I used to eat overnight oats all the time when I lived on campus. It crushed me when I would get stomach aches after eating them, but little did I know it was the gluten. This recipe is honestly perfect especially as everyone is starting (and maintaining) a new healthy lifestyle.
What I love must about these overnight oats is the added cauliflower rice and kefir. You won’t even taste the cauliflower rice, but it adds a nice texture to the oatmeal. Plus, the kefir is super thick which makes for creamy oats.
If you can’t have dairy, you can throw out the kefir for regular nut milk or coconut kefir. Personally, I haven’t seen coconut kefir, but I would call your local whole foods, Erewhon, or any health food market.
If you are looking for a 100% paleo friendly option, check out my Almond Blueberry Muffin Cauliflower Oatmeal here. Trust me it is just as delicious without the oats!
As you know I love chocolate so I had to sneak some in! Cacao powder is my personal fav as it is packed with antioxidants. This is great for killing free radicals, boosting your immune system, and being a vitality queen (or king).
Antioxidant Packed Overnight Oats
- 1/2 cup Gluten Free Oats (I love the One Degree Organic Foods)
- 1/2 cup Riced Cauliflower (Thawed if Frozen)
- 1/2 cup Plain Kefir (Or Coconut Kefir)
- 1-2 tbsp Almond Milk
- 1-2 tbsp Cacao Powder
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon Powder
- A Pinch of Salt
- Place the oats, cauliflower, cacao powder, cinnamon, and salt to a bowl to mix until combined.
- Add in all the liquid ingredients and mix until a batter consistency forms.
- Pour it into a mason jar and store in the fridge overnight.
- Add some nut butter, berries, or other toppings just before eating!
The oats will last in the fridge for about 2-days so you can easily meal prep a couple for breakfast! I hope you love the recipe and if you make it be sure to tag me on Instagram!