When it comes to making food for the week, you often find a divide. There are the people who could live at the grocery store and can cook all day, but then you have the people who avoid both at all costs. Fortunately, I am one of those people who loves to cook and spends too long at Whole Foods.
Thinking of meals for the following week shouldn’t be a drag. If meal prepping on Sunday isn’t your cup of tea, then maybe getting meals delivered once a week is! It is a matter of finding what works for your lifestyle and budget (nothin’ is for free).
With any divide between people, there are pros and cons to both meal prepping and meal delivery services. After reading this blog, you’ll be able to have a good idea of what will work for you.
The benefits of meal prepping at-home
- It is cost-effective, in which many items can be bought in bulk.
- You have control over how much of each macronutrient is in each meal.
- You can customize the meals to suit you (and your family’s) dietary needs.
The consequences of meal prepping at-home
- It can be time-consuming depending on the meals of choice.
- Meals can go bad if not eaten in a week’s time.
- You may get sick of eating the same meals for a week.
The benefits of getting your meals delivered
- It is the convenient way to get your meals.
- There is no need to cook besides heating them up.
- They have many varieties of meals to choose from.
The consequences of getting your meals delivered
- They can be expensive (shipping costs can be $24 plus).
- The meals can go bad if not refrigerated correctly during shipment.
- The macronutrients on the meal can be incorrect.
Now, before you panic about deciding what side you’re on don’t! Even if you love cooking, you can absolutely try out a company and have meals delivered. It is a great way to taste your cooking skills while also not having to worry about having all the ingredients. The same goes for those who hate cooking. A delivery company may spark your inner chef and boom you’re cooking!
Let me know what companies and brands you love for getting grocery to meal delivery!